• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create a form in Acrobat Pro?

New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created forms in Acrobat pro for years. Now when I try to create a form it opens developer. The issue I have is I set the fields up, and fill in half the form. go from preview to edit to change a font and all the text in the fields disappears when I go back to preview. I really liked the was things were before it opened developer to creating forms. Is there a way to go back to the old way of creating forms? Please help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "developer", exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, editing forms clears them. Finish the design first, tgen fill them. If you must edit, then export the form data, change the design, then import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way to create a form, fill it in. Save it, then go to edit and  just edit it like before where all data remains. Why did they change it. I just worked on a form for 20 mins, would not save it, because I did not want to loose data, and Adobe crashed and I lost the whole thing. OK, if I do not fill any data in, and I need to edit then I will not loose any data or fields.  Also in this form I will need to circle a yes or no box, I can still do that after creating the form without editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn't you save it? I see no connection between not wanting to lose data and saving it.

Why are you editing the form at all? You must finish the editing before you fill it. That hasn't changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Filling in a form is a different action than creating/editing the form.

If all you want to do is fill in the form fields or edit the existing data in the form fields, then there's no need to use the Forms tool at all. Just click inside the form field and type away!

The Forms tool's full name is Prepare Form, not "fill in the form," and it is used to create and edit the form fields as a developer, not as a user that's typing data into the data fields.

PrepareFormTool.png

Hope this helps.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines