• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't transfer RAW files from my D850 to Elements 15 or 2018

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a Nikon D850 and discovered that I can't transfer RAW files of any size from my SD card to Elements 15, so I purchased Elements 2018 only to discover that I still have the same problem. I can transfer RAW files from my D800 and D90. I can also transfer JPEG files from the D850 but as soon as I try to transfer a RAW file it won't work. I can transfer RAW files from the D850 to Lightroom and Photomatix. I am very puzzled. Can anyone offer some advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/mark+d.  wrote

I recently purchased a Nikon D850 and discovered that I can't transfer RAW files of any size from my SD card to Elements 15, so I purchased Elements 2018 only to discover that I still have the same problem. I can transfer RAW files from my D800 and D90. I can also transfer JPEG files from the D850 but as soon as I try to transfer a RAW file it won't work. I can transfer RAW files from the D850 to Lightroom and Photomatix. I am very puzzled. Can anyone offer some advice?

The Nikon D850 requires the ACR 10.2.1 version.

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

Today, neither PSE15 or PSE2018 are compatible. PSE2018 is only compatible with ACR 10.2.0 after using the menu Help >> Updates.

Two other problems:

The help file is not updated for PSE2018:

FAQ: Will Photoshop Elements work with my camera, or Why won't my raw files open?

And there is a curious bug in PSE2018: if you use the menu Help >> About plug-ins, you may (or not...) close Elements randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You

I greatly appreciate your help with this matter. I'm just a "wanna-be" photographer but have gone over all of my camera settings several times and just could not come up with any setting that I might have set incorrectly which would have caused this problem. It is fortunate, in that this is now forcing me to learn how to use Lightroom.  I could wait and see if Adobe will make PSE2018 compatible.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all hope an update for PSE 2018 in the near future.

In the meantime, you have two free solutions:

- downloading the free Adobe DNGconverter mentioned in my second link. That independent software (not a plugin) can batch convert a whole folder of your NEF files to the DNG raw format that older Elements versions can read and edit. Same quality and free, but another batch step.

- Since you have a compatible Lightroom version, you can also use Lightroom to save your NEFs as DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Michel

Very much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines