6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2008 12:09 AM by Rafiq Elmansy, AEL, ACP

bug? Unable to restore actions toolbox

gh_sg
      The left pane of the Actions window generally comprises of 2 sub-panes - the upper Action toolbox and the lower Script navigator. By chance i dragged the divider (between the 2 sub-panes) up so much so that the Action toolbox is out of sight. Now i am unable to restore the Action toolbox. Any help on how to restore this sub-pane would be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: bug? Unable to restore actions toolbox
          Level 7
          gh_sg,

> Now i am unable to restore the Action toolbox. Any help
          > on how to restore this sub-pane would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what version of Flash you're using, but you should see a
          Workspace button on the Timeline panel. If not, go to Window > Workspace or
          Window > Workspace Layout and choose Default.

David Stiller
          Co-author, Foundation Flash CS3 for Designers
          http://tinyurl.com/2k29mj
          "Luck is the residue of good design."

• 2. Re: bug? Unable to restore actions toolbox
            gh_sg Level 1
            hi David,

unfortunately resetting the workspace to the Default will not work. The Workspace layout primarily manages the position of the panels/windows, but NOT the sub-panes for the Actions panel.

GH

PS: coincidentally i possess the book "Foundation Flash CS3 for Designers", and that was a great book! It was well-written and in particular the chapters on Flash Video and the respective Flash Video components.
            • 3. Re: bug? Unable to restore actions toolbox
              Rafiq Elmansy, AEL, ACP Level 2
              Hi,
              I just mimic what you did, and I can still see the divider with the arrow on it. if you roll-over the divider you will see the mouse change to let you resize the bottom pan and if you click the arrow, you should see the action pane extends to take the whole left part.
              hope this helps
              • 4. Re: bug? Unable to restore actions toolbox
                gh_sg Level 1
                hi Rafiq,

unfortunately for my case, the divider (with the pointing arrow) was not even there!
                Having read your reply, i tried to repeat the act (moving the divider out of sight) on another PC, and true enough - the divider was there! Now, i couldn't understand how i managed to make the divider disappeared on my first PC.

I tried searching for a config XML file for the layout of the actions panel, but couldn't find one.

GH
                • 5. Re: bug? Unable to restore actions toolbox
                  Level 7
                  gh_sg,

> unfortunately resetting the workspace to the Default will not
                  > work. The Workspace layout primarily manages the position
                  > of the panels/windows, but NOT the sub-panes for the
                  > Actions panel.

Ah, and that means I didn't read your question as carefully as Rafiq
                  did. ;) Interestingly, like Rafiq -- and you (at least, on your other
                  computer) -- I can't make that divider disappear, which means I can't
                  reproduce your dilemma. Your thought about looking for an XML config file
                  is a good one ... but I'm afraid I don't know of the existence of such a
                  file myself.

I wish I could answer this one for you!

> PS: coincidentally i possess the book "Foundation Flash CS3
                  > for Designers", and that was a great book!

Thanks so much! Tom and I spent lots of time on that one and had plenty
                  of fun with it. We've been getting very encouraging feedback. Glad you
                  like it! :)

David Stiller
                  Contributor, How to Cheat in Flash CS3
                  http://tinyurl.com/2cp6na
                  "Luck is the residue of good design."

• 6. Re: bug? Unable to restore actions toolbox
                    Rafiq Elmansy, AEL, ACP Level 2
                    Hi,
                    When I stuck with such a situation, I always run to reinstall the application. I do not know about the config.xml file, sorry