• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

layer scales when using dragger with hinge or weld on

Participant ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hinge and weld layer setting is not working as I expect.

The online guide says when set to hinge:  "The layer can rotate, but can’t move or scale around its origin.” BUT, I can rotate around the origin and scale (stretch?) Chloe’s arm around the origin.

Also, the weld option behaves just like the hinge option, but should not be able to "move, rotate, or scale” around the origin.

I've tried this with attach set to auto or choosing body.

I am using the Chloe character. This also happens with my own characters, but I am using Chloe to make sure the problem isn't my puppet build.

Basically, I don’t want limbs to be stretching (is this what "no scaling means?" when I move them…

thnx!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Wanting limbs to not stretch is a common request - not supported at present. The latest "tips and tricks" episode from oksamauri talked about using double draggers as a workaround to reduce the stretch factor - by having two draggers recorded, the final position is the average between them, which can make it easier to avoid the mouse going out so far.

Adobe said they were thinking about the arm stretching problem, but no commitment.

(I think the "scaling" discussion is talking about the Transform

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanting limbs to not stretch is a common request - not supported at present. The latest "tips and tricks" episode from oksamauri talked about using double draggers as a workaround to reduce the stretch factor - by having two draggers recorded, the final position is the average between them, which can make it easier to avoid the mouse going out so far.

Adobe said they were thinking about the arm stretching problem, but no commitment.

(I think the "scaling" discussion is talking about the Transform behavior, not arm stretching.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes, couldn't think of the correct terminology... yes, not really "scaling"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone just liked an old post here - i thought i would mention that there is now a behavior for limb IK that stops stretching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines