• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QT plays videos but Premiere does not

New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Premiere Pro from CC version 12.1.1 (build 10) on my mac book pro 2017 (high sierra 10.13.3, Intel HD Graphics 630 / Radeon Pro 555).

Double clicking .mov files in Finder opens and plays them fine in QuickTime.

Starting a new project in PP (Assembly->Media Browser-> double click) does NOT show video in the PP Source window. The video appears like it is an audio track.

The .mov file is H.264, AAC, with resolution 2316 × 892.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder, but it seems unlikely. The author of that thread says:

Most of the codecs from the Quicktime 7 era haven't been used much for over a decade, so chances are slim that you'll run into this problem.

I'm working with a .mov file that was just created on a modern Windows machine. It plays fine on my Mac with Quicktime player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the file with us...I use Mac book pro OS X 10.13.4 and just tested again to cross-check premiere pro cc v12.1.1 imports the .mov with codec h.264 fine and playback fine with video & Audio.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines