Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link text - Nibbler Error

Engaged ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can anyone explain this to me please? How can a nav link have describing text? I cant add alt text to image links as they are placed in rectangles. Surely they dont expect tool tips on every link!?? That would make the ste VERY annoying!

278 links have no text describing their destination. Links on a page should describe their destination for the benefit of both screen readers and search engine spiders. Close recommendationsAdd meaningful anchor text that describes the link's destination. If the link contains an image, ensure you have provided alt text.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Are you looking for tooltips? If you select the link and click into the word „Hyperlinks“ you can add tooltips to your link element.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for tooltips? If you select the link and click into the word „Hyperlinks“ you can add tooltips to your link element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not looking for tool tips. As I mentioned inmy original post I really dont want to add these to everything as it will make the iste VERY annoying.

Ankushr, please dont mark responses correct if I havent had a chance to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey DandyBox,,

You can surely add tooltip on a an image link filled in rectangle.

See the below screenshot.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text – and text links – don’t have Alt text. Why should it. The text is plain to see …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was what I didnt understand. See the Nibbler report here Website report for www.flairwindows.com​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images, used as a fill (not placed) can’t have alt text. HTML conventions consider these kind of images as pure „decoration“.

If you want alt text, you have to use placed images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to understand. If you want alt text, place images.

If you fill rectangles, you create „decorations“, which can’t have alt text. No Muse restriction, but a HTML convention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I understand all that Gunter, but we arent talking about images we are talking about linked text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Then please read the second and third sentence of your first post.

And: Alt text for text links — perhaps for a sungle word within a text frame — seems crazy for me: As I said, a text link is already plain to see/read and doesn‘t need an alternate description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second sentence: How can a nav link have describing text? - I ask about a nav link, by nav I mean navigation bar - which is text

Third sentence: I cant add alt text to image links as they are placed in rectangles. - I already said I know about not being able to add alt text to rectangles.

So I dont understand your confusion? And: exctly my point as I said previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you want is the title attribute on your links.

<a title="link to example.com" href="https://example.com"> Example</a>

On mouseover, the title text is displayed in a browser tooltip.  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it sounds like he wants a title

Muse adds a title tag to links with the toolbar as Ankush pointed out in the 2nd post

Screenshot (932).png

so we have ended back at the start guys

Screenshot (931).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is exactly, what I said in the very first answer of this thread …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines