• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Spinning Loading

Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has really been struggling recently and I got through about 100 out of 500 photos before they all started giving me this. Sometimes it would result in a "file could not be read" error. For the record, the files are located on my hard drive and not on the SD card...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

If it is only five photos out of 500, it would seem there's a good chance of corrupted files. Are they all RAW files? All similar size? Perhaps you could put one on Dropbox or similar site to see if someone here can load them. That would help narrow things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't provide much about what you are doing, how you are doing it or what you are doing it with.

A good and thorough source for performance information is here:  https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom/performance/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. This is my first time seeking help on these forums. My computer has never really had any significant trouble with Lightroom before. It's an older but extremely capable system. What can I provide that would be beneficial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say anything about what you are doing!   You posted a screen shot of a blurred image!

Among the usual gremlins are graphics cards drivers, GPU settings, available memory, preview choices, available disk space, etc.

Another good place to review is here:  Optimize Lightroom performance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right so I'm just trying to do some basic edits to a large batch of photos in the development tab and it simply won't open some of the photos. It's not that it just takes a long time, but that it just refuses to fully load some of them. I don't really think that it's a performance problem as my computer usually runs Lightroom without problem and other photos load just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CosmicConqueror  schrieb

I don't really think that it's a performance problem as my computer usually runs Lightroom without problem and other photos load just fine.

Are you really sure? As long as you doesn't say anything about your system (hardware, operating system etc.) nobody can say anything about your issue.

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Waht you can try is to deactivate the GPU support. -> Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

You have wrote "Sometimes it would result in a "file could not be read". It can be also a problem with your hard drive. You should be check if there are read/write errors on your disk.

The next thing you should check is the fragmentation of your disk. A strong fragmentation can be also the reason.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the specific suggestions.

1) I'm running Lightroom Classic CC and I just updated the version to the most recent one this morning.
2) Per your suggestion I tried disabling GPU support and reenabling it with no noticeable difference.
3) I ran a scan for errors in my disks and it turned up fine. Additionally, I check for fragmentation and all of my drives displayed 0% fragmentation from scans automatically run yesterday..

Happy to provide PC specs upon request but I'm clueless about this stuff to not know which ones are relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"basic edits to a large batch of photos in the development tab"

One more time, can you please be more detailed and specific about what you are doing and how you are doing it.  I can't begin to guess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! Like I said I've never tried to get support from these forums so I just have no idea what sort of info would be helpful to you. All I'm attempting to do at this point is load the photo after import for editing. I haven't done anything except double click on the photo at which point I'm promptly greeted by the infinite loading wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first post said "I got through about 100 out of 500 photos".  Now you "load the photo after import for editing".

We are going from processing 500 photos to one!

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm very confused about what the question is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right so I said that original statement to communicate that it's not a problem with every single photo, but I've now narrowed it down to about 5 in the whole batch. So it's just specific ones. I've tried removing them from Lightroom and then re-importing them by themselves with the same result (hence the newer statement saying that I'm trying to load them after import).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is only five photos out of 500, it would seem there's a good chance of corrupted files. Are they all RAW files? All similar size? Perhaps you could put one on Dropbox or similar site to see if someone here can load them. That would help narrow things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double checked the files in explorer and they were indeed corrupt. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines