4 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2018 5:14 PM by DdeGannes

Serial Number for Lightroom

bethc41333496 Level 1

My computer crashed last week and when I went to re-install Lightroom, I could not locate my serial number. I still have the box and CD, but when I enter my product code in identit-e I am told "Identit-e does not recognize this product code."  I have called customer service and they could not find my serial number, I emailed identit-e customer service and they could not help either. How can I access my serial code?

• 1. Re: Serial Number for Lightroom
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This serial number will not be on the CD. You can go to your Adobe account online and get the serial number. The serial number is six groups of four numbers, all numeric, the first four are always 1160.

• 2. Re: Serial Number for Lightroom
            bethc41333496 Level 1

Thank you for the response. I never registered my product, so my serial number does not show up on my adobe account. I purchased as a student edition. I just checked www.adobe.com/go/studentlicensing, which states:

As of February 1, 2017, the Student and Teacher Licensing program has been discontinued. Students and teachers will no longer be able to purchase and access Adobe Creative Suite product serial numbers.

I had lightroom installed on my computer before it crashed - I should not need to purchase a new license/subscription to continue using it on the same computer.

• 3. Re: Serial Number for Lightroom
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, I agree. You should not need to purchase Lightroom in order to use it on the same computer. However, you should have written down the serial number somewhere because that serial number is the key to installing the software. Without the serial number, I don't know how you will be able to install it. If you had the serial number, you could purchase an upgrade to Lightroom 6 for $79. But if you don't have any record of the serial number then I don't know who will be able to help you install the software.

• 4. Re: Serial Number for Lightroom
                DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

Quote "I never registered my product, so my serial number does not show up on my adobe account."

However you utilised the code from the CD to obtain a license which you utilised. You failed to protect that information.

Adobe records would indicate that the code was utilized but they do not know by whom!