• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues Getting Images from Photos to Load into Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated Adobe Sketch on my iPad Pro to the newest one with version 4.6. I wanted to try out the new size limits which works. However, I now can only see maybe a few dozen of hundreds of images load from my photos (sync'd with Lightroom through CC). When I do even try to add an image I receive this error (adobe sketch error the operation couldn't be completed. AdobePhotoErrorDomain error 2). I've opened Lightroom both online and on my iPad to confirm the images exist and have access to them. I'm really trying to figure out the why's of this app suddenly deciding to not function.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Hi Mcgreig2014.

I'm sorry it took me so long to find the answer for you.

I initially understood that a fix for this didn't require an update to the app and that, as a result, it could be implemented immediately. I was mistaken. Although the drawing team has identified the cause, the fix requires assistance from an additional team, as well as updates to Sketch and Draw, so it has not been implemented. 

It will be fixed in the next version of the apps.

In the meantime, does it work to import Lightroo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thorsenmark.

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

I've never seen this error and I'm not super familiar with importing from Lightroom so I had to drop a note to the Sketch team.  I was told that this error typically indicates a temporary problem with the network and was asked whether you've tried signing out and back in to Sketch.

If you haven't tried signing out/in please try that. Before you do, please check that all of your work has synced to Creative Cloud; sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=sketch and make sure that all the work you see on your iPad shows up there.

Please let me know if things are working again.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried signing out of the app and even deleted the app and reinstalled/signed in.

I tried the downloading image with CC of Lightroom photos, and I still have that same error. This was even with a highspeed gigabit Ethernet connection. This issue only seems to have happened since the newest version I downloaded yesterday afternoon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thorsenmark.

This is helpful; let me let him know this.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thorsenmark.

Are you selecting Images -> My Files -> Photos ?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thorsenmark.

One of the engineers tested this in-house and he's getting the same error when he tries to import a PSD from Lightroom. JPEGs are working. He believes this is a server bug but is going to investigate it further.

I'll write again as soon as I hear more. I'm sorry about this inconvenience.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do is add an image layer which leads to a selection of sources. To access the images of Lightroom sync'd on CC, I select My Files and make a choice there. That's when I first noticed that not all images are available. I would then select an image and bring it in. I select Open at the bottom right once the image is sized properly. It is at that point I receive the error message I noted in my initial message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thorsenmark.

He's continuing to test this so this information will be helpful. I've just passed it along. He did ask me to have you try one more thing when you have a minute: Go to Lightroom CC and try to export an image as an original and see if that's successful.

Let me know what happens.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Lightroom CC as I have the Classic CC. I can share an image from the iPad app or on the web which is what I did earlier today and saved that image to my iPad photo roll. I then add an image locally to add to Adobe Sketch rather than through the CC options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Just passed it along. I'll let you know tomorrow what I hear back.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thorsenmark

The team has discovered a server issue associated with PSD files that are synced through Lightroom Classic CC (but not Lightroom CC) and also that edits applied through LR are not being applied to images at import time. They're working on resolving it but one of the engineers did have an additional question:

I'm not sure I understand his comment "not all images are available," can he characterize which images are missing?

Thanks for all your help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I was attempting to say with the comment "not all images are available" is that when I drill down through the iPad Adobe Sketch app to look at image stored as part of my Lightroom Classic CC on the web, only a portion show up with a collection. For example, I have a collection entitled Canvas that has about 400 or so images. When I attempted to access them now, only about 50 show up. The rest aren't there. I've verified they are present using the iPad Lightroom app, on Lightroom web and in my Lightroom Classic CC catalog and sync'd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thorsenmark.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thorsenmark.

I just wanted to let you know that, as of Friday, a fix for this Lightroom issue is being worked on and it should be resolved this coming week.

Thanks again for bringing it to our attention and for all your help track down the root of the problem.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be sure to try it out then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m still (24-Aug-18) getting the same problem, and it happens in both Adobe Draw and Adobe Sketch.  I have deleted and reinstalled Draw/Sketch. I have tried syncing using LR CC on my Mac (I usually use Classic). Everything says it is up to date and synced. Whenever I try to add an image layer in Draw/Sketch from my LR library using either PSDs, RAW (ARW), or jpg it gives me the error message: The operation could not be completed (adobephotoerrordomain error 2.). However, if I use an image from my iOS Photos library, it works just fine.

Any ideas?

(2nd gen iPad Pro, iOS 11.4.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mcgreig2014.

I'm sorry. My understanding was that this was a fix that didn't require an update to Sketch. But I was told this morning that it actually DOES require an update.

I'm trying to get more information. I'll post as soon as I know more.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mcgreig2014.

I'm sorry it took me so long to find the answer for you.

I initially understood that a fix for this didn't require an update to the app and that, as a result, it could be implemented immediately. I was mistaken. Although the drawing team has identified the cause, the fix requires assistance from an additional team, as well as updates to Sketch and Draw, so it has not been implemented. 

It will be fixed in the next version of the apps.

In the meantime, does it work to import Lightroom images as .pngs? (When testing the drawing engineers said .jpgs and .pngs seemed to work fine, but you mentioned you were getting an error with .jpgs.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Yes, pngs also produce the same error for me.

I look forward to the next versions!

Greig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this fixed? Dk

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 11:15 AM Sheena Kaul <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I’ve been getting this issue also, it’s only on certain images it presents itself. I tried remaking the original image on desktop Photoshop in various types of files and sizes without it solving the issue.

But, I did find a work around. I took the image into thenPhotoshop Mobile App and saved that image to the Lightroom Mobile App then imported it to the Adobe Sketch App without any issues.

It seems to be a quick fix that can be done without leaving your mobile device which is great. Hopefully it gets solved by Adobes next update.

Hope this helps.

BTW I’ve found the Adobe Sketch App an invaluable partner to my painting studio, I’d now be lost without it. Keep up the good work Adobe and don’t go phasing it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines