• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transfer a vector file from illustrator draw to the computer

New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made a drawing in adobe draw but when I send the file as a psd to creative cloud and then open the file in photoshop at my computer the resolution is so bad I can't use the image. When I try to change the settings for the resolution in the illustrator draw app on my ipad (latest version), it says that the maximum format for a resolution of 350 ppi (which I need), is 11 centimeters in width and hight. This is a huge problem since I've drawn a picture that needs to go to print in the format 22x22 cm. What do I do? Can I anyhow send the file to creative cloud and open it as a vector file on my computer? How do I do that?

Please help/ Hedda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Hi Hedda.

Instead of saving the drawing as a PSD, try either saving it as a PDF (to your Creative Cloud Files folder) or sending directly from the app to Illustrator CC.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hedda.

Instead of saving the drawing as a PSD, try either saving it as a PDF (to your Creative Cloud Files folder) or sending directly from the app to Illustrator CC.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sue! I haven't tried the pdf thing, but for some reason I can't send the file to illustrator as you suggested, even though that's the proper way to do it. I've been in contact with the adobe chat support for this problem. They couldn't figure it out via the chat but they said that they will research the issue further and get back to me within 48 hours.

Thank you anyway.

Best/ Hedda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hedda.

Sending to Ai directly from Draw should work. Please contact me through the in-app feedback (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav then Send Feedback) so I can help figure out what's going wrong.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send an image as an ai from Adobe Illustrator Draw app to Adobe Illustrator (CS6)?

I can only see the options to either send it directly to Illustrator or Photoshop (which isn't working?) or to save in the Creative Cloud as either a PSD or a PDF, or if I email it to myself it arrives attached as a PNG, I cannot see anywhere the option to save/export an image as an ai file?

I want to draw line/stroke drawings on my iPad Pro and then edit the lines (no fills) properly in Illustrator using the anchor points and bezier tool etc., does Adobe make an app that creates vector line drawings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same as above: Sending a Sketch-APP psd-file to PS desktop. It does not work either. The problem ist the transfer or uploud to cc as a PSD, so said INCLUDING the layers!

Please! surching for a REAL solution!

isa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. Same Problem: not possibel to upload a Psd-file to the Cloud, neither on the Pad, nor on the desktop to PS.

Needing urgent answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines