I am working through the online educator course for Character Design and Animation, and I've already hit a snag on my first assignment. I recorded something, and everything went as the instructions said it would until I tried to export to the media encoder. It says "could not read from source. check settings and try again." I am not familiar with either Character Animator or Media Encoder, so I have no idea what to do if the instructions don't work. I'm working on a Windows computer, if that helps at all.
Strange! Suggestion 1 - exit everything, restart, try again. I have had problems that a restart has cleared. Suggestion 2 - include a screenshot here.