1 Reply Latest reply on May 31, 2018 11:55 AM by AnandSri

Acrobat unable to open PDF file directly from zip file in Windows File Explorer

christopherb291242

Ok so I have created a zip file with PDFs within it. When I browse into the zip file in Windows File Explorer and try and double click the PDF I get the error message "Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created". The reason I believe this to be an Adobe issue rather than a Microsoft issue is that every other file in the zip file opens just fine using this method. Here is a picture of the error message window.

Adobe PDF Zip Error.png

Thank you!

Chris B

• 1. Re: Acrobat unable to open PDF file directly from zip file in Windows File Explorer
          AnandSri Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Chris B,

We are sorry to hear this, as per the description, you are not able to open the PDF file from a zipped folder, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and try opening the PDF file again.

You can also copy the PDF file from the Zip folder and paste it on your desktop and try opening the PDF file. Also, disable the preview in the Windows Explorer.

If you still experience any issue, please refer and try the suggestions and solutions from the following Adobe article Can't open PDF

I have also shared few more links via private message, please check your email inbox and try the solutions.

If the issue persists, please share the following piece of information so that we can assist you in a better manner:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.