3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2018 2:00 AM by Adorobat

locked out

nathans22265077 Level 1

Hi!

I locked myself out of a document.  I can not open, or even delete the pdf from my own work computer that it was created with.  It was created with Word, then pdf'd.  Opening with Acrobat DC, I set all the permissions to deny.

help?

• 1. Re: locked out
          Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi Nathans,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to open/delete a pdf file on the machine, is that correct?

Could you let us know what happens when you try to open or delete pdf file? Is there any error message?

Also, let us know the operating system installed on the machine?

You may also visit the following forum threads discussing the similar issue and check if that helps:

Why cant I delete pdf files on my PC?

I Can't Delete My PDF Files

Thanks,

Shivam

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: locked out
            nathans22265077 Level 1

Hi Adorobat,

When I attempt to open the document, I get 'there was an error in opening this document. Access denied".  It is a document that I created in Word, and then pdf'd.  I used Acrobat DC to change permissions.  It appears I changed too many.

This is on a work owned PC with Windows 10.

Thank you,

Nathan

• 3. Re: locked out
              Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi Nathan,

Could you try disabling Protected View by launching Acrobat > Edit menu > select Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > select Off under Protected View > click OK, relaunch Acrobat and try again.

Please note: disabling protected view is for troubleshooting purpose only, and not recommended. Please turn the feature back on after troubleshooting is complete.

Thanks,

Shivam

1 person found this helpful