• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluid boxes in Quiz slides

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! It's possible to delete fluid boxes in a quizz slide? The master shows 6 fluid boxes but I need only three, one for each possible answer.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that would really cause you a lot of problems. Did you ever read my article about the Quizzing Master slides, the purpose of the fluid boxes there?

Tips for 'Fluid' Quiz Slides - Captivate blog

Why only fluid boxes for answers, which don't even have an individual object on the master slide?  I suspect you don't really want a responsive project at all if you want to limit to fluid boxes for the answers. Sorry to sound bit harsh.

Look at the unique static fludi box: the feedback massages fluid box. It is needed to be static because it is the only fluid box where several message are stacked in the same location. Look at the setup of all the present fluid boxes: they are really very well designed to be functional on all screens.

Please explain your question, maybe refelct if you do need fluid boxes, responsive projects at all?

BTW didn't answer your quesiton. Yes you can delete fluid boxes, but only on the master slide. You'll see what a mess that will create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast answer, Lilybiri.

Yes, I need a responsive test, but I only need three answers on the slide (no title, no buttons, no messages...) and every answer must to have an advanced action: every answer must to go to another slide with a video explaining why the answer is correct or incorrect. Sorry, maybe my explanation is not very clear because of my english and the complexity of the project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the rules, also for non-responsive projects, is to NEVER delete embedded objects on the quiz slides. Embedded objects are objects without an individual timeline: Title, Question, Buttons etc.  Some of them can be deactivated if there is a checkbox for them (that is the case for some buttons and for feedback messages). The Submit button is ESSENTIAL because it has all the actions built in and is linked to the pausing point of the quiz slide. You will simply create a big mess and your quiz slides will not be functional at all.

What is your language? I can also answer in French or Dutch and I understand German very well. Italian and Spanish bit less, cannot answer in those languages.

You will have to forget about the quiz slides and create a custom quiz slide, using shape buttons for the answers. Why you want to navigate to another slide for feedback is an engima, because that could have been done with Advanced Answer functionality as well. Do you need a score?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is the problem. I need a score and it seems that the scorm doesn't support user variables...The user must to click on the answer and then must be shown a video with the explanation about it.

I'm from Barcelona, so I will try in english...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot manage Catalan, although I love Barecolan!

You are pretty new to quizzes I think? Scores cannot be gotten by variables at all but can be attached to any interactive object. You can attach a score to the correct answer in that shape button, and no score or a score=0 to the incorrect shape buttons. Check the Advanced Interaction panel (F9), it will show you that the Total score can be built not only with quiz slides, but with all scored objects. Shape buttons are interactive, so they can become a scored object. Score will be taken into account by all system quizzing variables, which means they can be transferred to a LMS. Hava a look at:

Report Custom Questions - part 1 - Captivate blog

Please do not believe would-be experts and tell '....it seems that the scorm doesn't support user variables."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another link that is more recent and could help you:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/03/creative-with-quizzing-system-variables/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, I'm new, sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me study carefully your kind answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Have to leave now for a couple of hours, but ready to answer more later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources