Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow my .xpj file is gone so I cannot edit my project.  Can I recover this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Opening Corrupt Projects on my site.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like that file is missing as well.  The HHP builder will not run because it is missing a file.  I do not have *.cpd, hhk or hhc files either.  Apparently, I am missing a lot more than I realized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are not looking at an output? Is there an index.htm file?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am looking at output.  I think that is all I have for this project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your earlier posts referred to missing files. Source and output have completely different files and even the topics with the same file names have different content.

First step has to be a very thorough search for XPJ files to see if that will unearth your source project. If that fails then you are looking at reverse engineering. There are two methods, one is free but takes some time, the other is quick but you need to buy a script from Willam van Weelden's site. Start by looking at Reverse Engineering on my site.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp