1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2018 4:34 PM by dj_paige

Can lightroom process tasks in order rather then in parallel?

merkk Level 1

Sometime I need to batch export a bunch of photos. If those photos are split up among different folders, I go into each folder, select them, export and then repeat that for each folder. Each time I do this, lightroom starts exporting each folder. So if i go into 3 folders, i'll have 3 export processes running at the same time.

I would rather it just work on each batch one at time, this way once it finishes one folder, i can start on the next step of the process for that folder as lightroom then moves onto the next task. Is there any setting in lightroom to get it to behave this way?

• 1. Re: Can lightroom process tasks in order rather then in parallel?
          dj_paige Level 10

No way to do this unless you start the tasks at the appropriate times. I think the solution is for you to change your workflow.

But ...

I would rather it just work on each batch one at time, this way once it finishes one folder, i can start on the next step of the process for that folder as lightroom then moves onto the next task

There's no reason you can't start on the next task for that folder before the export finishes.