2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2018 9:12 AM by Ian Lyons

LR not handling new LG UHD 4k monitor well

charlottem89846831 Level 1

During the export process, windows flash on & off, the app threatens to crash altogether. After a few minutes of this frightful display, it all settles and I can finish the export. But it's a very slow & worrisome process. My graphics card is Intel HD 4600. There is also an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M, but unchecking that in edit/preferences seems not to make any difference.  All worked fine before I installed the new monitor -- which was forced when the display cable in my laptop failed. Why is LR now behaving so badly & how do I resolve the problem, using my present hardware?  There is also, sometimes, on loading LR a similar issue, but not as dramatic or worrisome.

• 1. Re: LR not handling new LG UHD 4k monitor well
          dj_paige Level 10

It's hard to imagine why importing or exporting would put ANY stress on a monitor or on the graphic card/graphic drivers; and so I wonder if this is a problem caused by the new monitor. Nevertheless, the first thing to do is make sure that you have installed the most recent driver for your graphic cards.

windows flash on & off, the app threatens to crash altogether.

Be more specific. What windows? What do they say? How do you know that Lightroom is threatening to crash? What do you see? What does it say?

• 2. Re: LR not handling new LG UHD 4k monitor well
            Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

charlottem89846831  wrote

Why is LR now behaving so badly & how do I resolve the problem, using my present hardware?  There is also, sometimes, on loading LR a similar issue, but not as dramatic or worrisome.

You mention above that the display cable in your laptop failed. Assuming this cable is the one between the motherboard and display panel, then the issue you're may be related to a hardware problem (i.e. computer tries to communicate with a display that cannot be accessed). It would be best that you have the laptop checked out/repaired by the vendor.