• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updaterstartuputility.exe - Bad Image

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded (Complete Install) my system from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Professional. I downloaded both Photoshop and Lightroom CC Classic. When I boot my computer I receive an updaterstartuputility.exe - Bad Image message. I close this error and proceed. I execute LR and it seems ok. I go to the Develop module and elect to  edit a photo in Photoshop. This seems to work ok except when returning to LR the image in the maim screen is blacked ou and I can't view any images. If I go to the Library module I see my images. This only gets rectified if I exit LR and then restart LR. I was receiving an adobe_licutil.exe - Bad Image error when going from LR to PS, but I seem to have rectified this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both applications three times. What do I need to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has this 'help' page for your error-

Lightroom.exe - Bad Image error

Also- Are you using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App to manage the total install process for LR & Ps?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the help page workaround and this rectified licutil problem, but not the updaterstartuputility.exe issue. I am using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App to manage the total install process. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond my knowledge now, sorry.

My last suggestions would be-

1. Run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool  and use it to un-install all Adobe 'stuff', then re-install the CC Desktop App and re-install. ('painful' and time consuming I know-  been there, done that)

2. Contact Adobe Support.

(and a thought- You are a subscriber to Creative Cloud? and you computer connects online with Adobe? )

TBMK licutil.exe is a 'Licence' utility that checks your activation status.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another uninstall / reinstall seems to have rectified the error message issue. The problem with the blacked out screen was rectified by going to Edit/Preferences/Performance and unchecking the Use Graphics Processor box. Everything seems to be working ok now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines