0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2008 1:18 PM by cp2012

Cannot display image downloaded from RSS url: Please Help!

cp2012
      Hello Everyone,

I'm encountering the most headache-inspiring problem I have yet faced with Flash and I absolutely cannot find a solution:

I'm developing an AIR rss video-widget that pulls video and image data from an RSS xml file located on my server. When inside of flash and test the movie everything works great -- the images and the video load successfully and everything plays as it should.

The problem: When I create the AIR file and install it (like you would install any air application) it loads the XML file successfully but doesn't display any bitmap data --that is, no image-thumbnails load and neither does the video or even sound from the video.

Testing it locally I can see that the images load and the onComplete event fires, but when I deploy it and test it through Arthropod (like flash-trace) I can see that it doesn't even get to that point. It just hangs up forever.

Is this a security problem? A sandbox problem? Who knows! But my head is pounding terribly...

I've read about the parentSandBox bridge, but it seems like it only applies to html windows in the air app... Basically, I'm creating the simplest image viewer imaginable and just need the image to load into a dynamically created sprite..

Here's the code:

var loader:Loader = new Loader();
      var url:String = myVideoURL;
      var imgRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest(url);

loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, fadeInImage)

loader.load(imgRequest);

function fadeInImage(e:Event):void
      {

var bData:BitmapData = new BitmapData(loader.content.width, loader.content.height);
      bData.draw( loader.content );
      var b:Bitmap = new Bitmap(bData);

b.width = 92;
      b.height = 61;

b.smoothing = true;

thumb.imageHolder.addChild(b);
      }

Please help, as I can't find an answer to this ANYWHERE!

Thanks,