• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS X Lion 10.7, Lightroom 4

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a MacBook pro 2011 with OS X Lion (never updated it). Seeing as apple won’t release new Mac book pros until the fall I plan to wait to upgrade. I still want to get started and download Lightroom 4 Which is the compatable version for my macbook. Do I have to buy Lightroom cc and download the Lightroom 4 version or find the Lightroom 4 unopened in a box from a third party seller?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Yes, an unopened package will have a serial number included. But it will be for Lightroom 4.0. I think you will be able to obtain the updates. Make sure that it is not an upgrade version, or it will be necessary for you to have a serial number for a previous version of Lightroom as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to fine a version of LR 4 that includes a Valid serial number for that version.

IIRC the Late 2011 MBP model can be upgraded to one of the newer versions of OS X that does support installing LR Classic CC V7 on it.

I once owned one of them and ad the least you can upgrade OS X to 10.11.x or maybe even 10.12.x.

Actually that model year can have High Sierra installed.

macOS High Sierra - Technical Specifications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have the early 2011 model. So an unopened Lightroom 4 will have a valid serial number ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, an unopened package will have a serial number included. But it will be for Lightroom 4.0. I think you will be able to obtain the updates. Make sure that it is not an upgrade version, or it will be necessary for you to have a serial number for a previous version of Lightroom as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn’t want the updates since I’m using old osx software. I’m just trying to figure out why Lightroom 4 unopened costs hundreds of dollars being very old?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Good+Looking+Loser  wrote

I wouldn’t want the updates since I’m using old osx software. I’m just trying to figure out why Lightroom 4 unopened costs hundreds of dollars being very old?

Because IF YOU NEED that version YOU have to PAY for it. When it was first released you could buy is anywhere. Now, as stated before, IF YOU NEED that version You Have to PAY whatever the going rate is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you running Lion? You realize that Apple no longer supports it or provides security fixes? The current High Sierra release runs on 2011 MBP's, you should really upgrade since its free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lumigraphics  wrote

Why are you running Lion? You realize that Apple no longer supports it or provides security fixes? The current High Sierra release runs on 2011 MBP's, you should really upgrade since its free.

The OP stated he is still using Lion because of older software he uses that more than likely won't run on the newer versions of OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines