4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2008 8:52 AM by Newsgroup_User

Exporting: Captivate 3 to Flash CS3

Michael_Rabone
      All graphics in the Captivate 3 file is scalled down and shrunk to half size when being imported into Flash CS3. All native Captivate 3 elements, caption boxes made in Captiveate for example are not effected. Only Graphics like slide backgrounds and the mouse pointer are scaled down.

Does anyone know why and if there is a fix?

Thank.
        • 1. Re: Exporting: Captivate 3 to Flash CS3
          SplunkMatt
          I'm seeing the same issue... totally stumped as well.
          • 2. Re: Exporting: Captivate 3 to Flash CS3
            Level 7
            > All graphics in the Captivate 3 file is scalled down and shrunk to half
            > size
            > when being imported into Flash CS3. All native Captivate 3 elements,
            > caption
            > boxes made in Captiveate for example are not effected. Only Graphics like
            > slide
            > backgrounds and the mouse pointer are scaled down.
            >
            > Does anyone know why and if there is a fix?

Why? I think it's a bug.

It is really easy to fic, though.

- The slide backgrounds are all held on one layer in Flash. Looks to
            consistently be layer 2, named Slide Backgrounds :-)
            - This layer is locked. So click on the little padlock and unlock the layer.
            - Select "Onion Skin" and "Edit Multiple Frames" (bottom of the Flash
            timeline, to the right of the layer labels).
            - Two little 'start onion skin" and "end onion skin" indicators appear at
            the top of the timeline - move them to the start and end of the timeline, so
            they encompass the whole project.
            - Select the Slide Backgrounds layer so that all of the Slide Background
            images are selected at once. You may need to also click on the background.
            - If you get it right. You'll see size and location values for the
            background in the Properties panel.
            - Type in the correct slide background size, and position 0,0.

Steve

--
            Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
            My blog - http://stevehoward.blogspot.com/

• 3. Re: Exporting: Captivate 3 to Flash CS3
              SplunkMatt Level 1
              Agreed this has an easy workaround...however let's be clear, if I have a menu item in Captivate that clearly says, "Export to Flash CS3" and when I click it my project comes in at 50% scale Adobe has failed in correctly implementing this feature. Has this ever worked? For anyone?

There needs to be official acknowledgement of this as a bug and some action taken to resolve it... workarounds are hacks that resolve the developers from correctly implementing a feature.
              • 4. Re: Exporting: Captivate 3 to Flash CS3
                Level 7
                > Agreed this has an easy workaround...however let's be clear, if I have a
                > menu
                > item in Captivate that clearly says, "Export to Flash CS3" and when I
                > click it
                > my project comes in at 50% scale Adobe has failed in correctly
                > implementing
                > this feature. Has this ever worked? For anyone?

Never worked for me.

>
                > There needs to be official acknowledgement of this as a bug and some
                > action
                > taken to resolve it... workarounds are hacks that resolve the developers
                > from
                > correctly implementing a feature.
                >

I am supposed to be writing a technote about this for Adobe. I've been busy,
                so it's not been written yet. That's my fault. But it is certainly a bug
                that needs to be addressed. Given that the workaround is so easy, it is
                unlikely, in my humble opinion, that Adobe will do anything about fixing it
                before the next version.

Steve

--
                Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices

European eLearning Summit - EeLS
                Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
                http://www.elearningsummit.eu