Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 22.1 crashes on Mac OS X 10.13.4 / MacBook Pro 2017

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, another try:

I'm working with Illustrator 22.1 on a Macbook Pro 2017 / Mac OS X 10.13.4.

Often, when I close a file or quit Illustrator, the programm freezes or crashes and starts to burn the CPU of my Mac:

process Adobe Illustrato[17252] thread 282456 caught burning CPU! It used more than 50% CPU over 180 seconds (actual recent usage: 91% over ~98 seconds).  Thread lifetime cpu usage 90.083596s, (87.866577 user, 2.217019 sys) ledger balance: 90002628231 mabs credit: 90005355967 mabs debit: 2727736 mabs limit: 90000000000 mabs period: 180000000000 ns last refill: 98403704208 ns.

• I already checked and repaired permissions on the preferences folder.

• I already searched for solutions on support forum, no luck.

• In the previous version of Illustrator this issue doesn't occure.

There is no option on the Adobe website to directly get help for technical issues, although somebody on the help forum stated this.

Maybe, somebody is experiencing similar behaviour and knows how to fix it. This issue realy sucks.

Thanks to whomever reads these lines and responds or at least hands them over to suitable staff.

Regards,

Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

In my case it was the plug-in "JLG Dimension" which caused the issue.

Once I deactivated it, all problems were fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

Please try these steps: High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine

If this does not help, please check how the application works in the Root Account: How to enable the root user on your Mac or change your root password - Apple Support

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Srishti,

thanks for your reply!

I tried both of your suggestions. Here's a screenshot of my Activity Monitor at the point where Illustrator crashes:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-13 um 06.36.04 AM.png

As I said before, the program crashes when I simply close an open file from within Illustrator.

When I log in as root, same thing happens. There, illustrator crashed even right on the first launch.

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

In this case, I would suggest you, please uninstall Illustrator and reinstall by following below-mentioned method:

Close all Adobe applications:

Use cleaner tool to remove Illustrator: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

For reconfirmation, go to following locations and delete Illustrator related folders:

Finder > Application (Delete Adobe Illustrator 2018)

~/Library/Caches

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

~/Library/Preferences

Delete or rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 22 Settings folders.

Once done restart the system and Reinstall illustrator from Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishti,

I followed your advice, things are getting worse...

The CleanerTool froze. I forced quit and then restarted my Mac. It took ages until the system booted and I got to login.

The Tool still identifies some older Adobe installations, but I can't get rid of them. Everytime I proceed with "Clean All", the Tool crashes again. Also, I logged in as root and ran the Tool there - no luck.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-14 um 09.52.32 AM.png

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

In this case, I would suggest you to get connected with our support team here: Contact Customer Care

We need to troubleshoot the issue on live remote session.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus... I been there a thousend times before!

No chance for me to get in contact with Adobe Customer Care.

The only option is the forum where I got stuck...

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-19 um 18.55.43 PM.png

Groundhog Day.

I never expected it is so hard to get support on Adobe issues.

My oh my...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

This generally happens when you are not signed in with correct Adobe ID. Please sign out and sign in again with active Adobe ID.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Srishti,

thanks for your response.

I can confirm that I'm logged in with my Adobe ID. I signed out and in again but no change.

The only option is forum.

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

This is strange, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. Please check I have sent you a direct message for details, please check and revert with the details.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm still waiting on Adobe Support (is there one?) to contact me.

The issue still exists and sucks.

However, in the meantime I found out some more details about it.

When I launch Illustrator directly, all seems to be fine. But when Illustrator is not running and I start it by double clicking an Illustrator file, the program crashes when I close the file in Illustrator.

At least this is a workaround to avoid the crashes.

Yet, I got the impression that it's simply a (known?) bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

We are very sorry for this delay. This was a known issue but it is resolved in the latest update, make sure that the Illustrator is up to date.

Please check out this link and share your feedback here if the update does not help: Illustrator crashes when opening a file using 'double click' that has missing fonts. – Adobe Illustr...

I have arranged a callback again from our team. They will call you between 9 am and 5 pm, Berlin, Germany (CET).

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you, Srishti.

I posted my comment in the referred thread and I'm looking forward to Support's call.

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

I have checked with the team, they have mentioned that they tried calling you but landed at VM machine. Please check your email and reply if you see an email from Adobe support.

Please keep posting if you need any help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Srishti,

thank you very much for your continued support and efforts!

Yesterday I got a call from Adobe support and it looks like we could narrow down the problem. We are still working on it. I will post the result here so that other users with similar problems can find a quick fix.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dirk. It would be great if you share the resolution here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case it was the plug-in "JLG Dimension" which caused the issue.

Once I deactivated it, all problems were fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines