• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We will have a USB DVD ENCORE

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to do to record a project edited in Premiere CC with option of navigation between chapters (Menu) to deliver to the client on a USB, since the pc are no longer being manufactured with DVD / BD driver -  Sorry for my english, because I do not speak the language I used a translator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they playing back on a TV? If so the answer is you can't.

If they are playing on the computer, you can use the Encore export to flash.

The TV would have to have a DVD emulator option, and I don't think there are any.

For home playback, I am using the Plex server, but you get their menu options that are simply selecting movies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you very much for the feedback, it would be to run on TV directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common option is to put the movies as H. 264, MP4s onto a USB drive and plug it into the TV. It depends on the TV as the style of menu option at presents, but basically each movie is its own separate file.

You don't use Encore for this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer!  Considering that Flash is apparently supposed to be gone in a few years, I would hope that they would add some way to do this for computers that does not use flash.  The size compared to DVDs (not to mention resolution flexibility) make USB sticks pretty desirable.  Also what OP said about modern systems not coming with an optical drive.

I hope they come up with a solution soon that is better than relying on flash.

If anyone knows how to make a flash drive do this (advanced DVD menu features like what encore offers), please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the return, exactly, and I still can not believe they did nothing, there must be something to replace Adobe Encore, but it should be finalizing. Let's hope it comes soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is over 4 years old, and the reason Adobe stopped developing Encore is because the license for 3rd party modules was withdrawn... and Adobe has not (and I think will not) decided to write a completely new program

If Encore doesn't do what you need, you will have to use a different program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program do you recommend for me to deliver a file on a USB with a quality video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To deliver a file in HD, H.264. Just no menus, other than what the TV displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info!  I really appreciate it!

Do you know if there is a way to create DVD like menus?  Our company produces driver safety training videos, and our DVDs include video segments and stills that need to be played in a certain order.

I'm concerned that this will require actual coding to do.

Having media on a USB drive is an attractive idea to me because those files won't have the DVD resolution restriction.  But without being able to dictate the flow of the assets, its not viable for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we also do this kind of video, I worry too how we will do ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program do you recommend for me to deliver a file on a USB with a quality video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does adobe have another recommended way to author DVD's aside from Encore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though Encore is end-of-life, it is still the only Adobe application for making DVDs and Blu-rays.

Search this forum for "alternatives" and you will find threads discussing non Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info!  That search has been quite helpful....

Not happy at the prospect of learning a new software...and I'm a bit suspect of all the reasonable options.  I fear they won't do what encore did for me.  But I'll give it a go!

I saw a lot of options in the cheap to mid range...if you know of any links to people discussing higher end authoring software packages I'd be most grateful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Neil Wilkes several posts in this thread:

Re: What Software is Better than Adobe Encore CS6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for all the help!  You've been a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this?

TakyBox Console

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try to understand the operation of this app better. thanks for the feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricardos9936682  wrote

how to do to record a project edited in Premiere CC with option of navigation between chapters (Menu) to deliver to the client on a USB, since the pc are no longer being manufactured with DVD / BD driver -  Sorry for my english, because I do not speak the language I used a translator

Sorry but this is just not right - it is very easy to buy a new PC with a BD/DVD Re-Writer installed.

Optical Media is not going away any time soon no matter how much the streaming on demand companies wish it to, and indeed S.O.D. is well named!! You are utterly restricted to the tiny amount of content available - for example have you noticed just how little is actually on Netflix or Cable TV?

Again - if Flash was ever an answer then it must have been a silly question, as Apple never did support this properly if at all.

To deliver to a client on a USB stick, you will need to get in contact with the client & find out exactly what equipment they have and then go find out what that gear will and will not play - odds are the client will simply not know and the odds are even greater they will not have set up the player/system at all & it is running on factory default settings which are never, ever optimal or ideal - they are never supposed to be, as they are set to get an image onscreen in order to allow you to set up correctly for your equipment.

If you can find out what your client is using, we can advise you much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for the feedback and sorry for my delay in speaking to me, very much for the suggestion. I will have to take a new approach to the material delivered to my client. Find out the best way to deliver so that my client has access to all types of equipment. Again thank you very much for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines