• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.MXF Decoder Error

Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having trouble resolving an .mxf decoder error.

I'm running Premiere 12.1.1 / MacBook Pro 2017 2.8 GHz i7, 15 inch, 16gb ram, Radeon Pro 555 / Sierra 10.13.3

I shot a series of panel discussion videos with a cannon xf105.  Most of my sequences have exported fine, however several .mxf files I import and drop into a sequences are experiencing .mxf decoder error messages.  I've tried opening them in new sequences, new projects, but no luck.  When I export to .h264 the result is paused frames mixed with red frames. 

My next step was to delete my cache files.  I've cleared cache through premiere but never the old-fashioned manual way.  When I navigate to my cache folder

user/library/app support/adobe/common - I only see a folder for Plug-ins with no cache folders, even though that's where premiere tells me they're being stored...? Am I missing something here?

Soooo...any advice on troubleshooting the .mxf decoder errors and manually clearing media cache would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 1.27.16 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Canon XF utility program installed?

Maybe copy/paste the files to another destination and import again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I tried copying and pasting to a new destination and reimporting but no luck - same error messages. 

I just download Canon XF Utility 3.2.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I opened the .mxf file in the xf utility (plays fine there) and exported a new .mxf out of the utility and reimported to premiere.  Unfortunately this didn't work - still getting the errors in premiere. Hmmm....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont see this issue on my mac or windows. (I still have footage from my old xf100, dont have the camera anymore)

Might want to reinstall and Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I dusted off my old 2011 MacBook and was able to export what I needed for the time being (no decoding issues; it was slow going but ultimately did the job).  I uninstalled and cleaned my new 2017 MacBook with the cleaner tool, reinstalled CC, and the decoding issue persisted.  Very frustrating, been trying everything.  Anyhow thanks for your suggestions.  If anything else comes to mind, would love to hear it.

Best,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, another update here: my old 2011 MacBook is now also exhibiting the same decoder error as my 2017.  It's showing up in both computers running the latest premiere cc - even on sequences that I previously exported successfully.  I've tried new projects, copy and pasting into new sequences, clearing cache, reinstalling premiere, using the Adobe cleaner tool.  I really have to get this exported and feel like I'm running out of options.  If anyone out there has a suggestion or has experienced a similar problem - would love to hear from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont understand why you are having trouble with those files.

Might want to

Contact Customer Care and ask for video queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try trashing preferences. Hold down alt+shift and it will also reset the plugin-cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem bills? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I was never able to solve the issue on my 2017 Macbook Pro - tried everything listed above as well as numerous other trouble shooting attempts.  Ultimately, I was able to export everything using a Mac Pro at the studio I freelance for.  Everyone I showed the issue to was very mystified by the errors.

Best,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Though I'm not precisely sure what the issue was, I am glad you are now clear of it

Take Care,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill, Did you ever get to the bottom of your MXF decode issues?

Were you using premiere pro cc 2019 by any chance?

The reason I'm asking is that everyone we have come into contact with has experienced this only with Premiere Pro CC 2019,

I have used older versions of premiere pro cc up until 2018 with no problems.

I cannot use previous versions as like yourself am a freelancer and have to use Premiere Pro CC 2019 as that's what our clients are using and when they hand their work over.

I am paying £50 per month and for my amount, I would have expected the product I use most to work.

btw It's not happening in DaVinci or FCP (Not sure about Vegas though?)

in the past 2 weeks, I have lost over 3 days work as a result of Premiere Pro, I have spent many hours speaking with Adobe technicians that do not have answers or solutions the majority from India who although helpful seem under experienced.

I am seriously considering moving to either FCP or Davinci Resolve.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines