• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

high pitched trilling/chirping noise, no other audio, adobe premiere elements 14

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my computer was out of commission for about a year or so. I just got it running again (it was a RAM issue), and picked up an old video editing project that I'd been working on before the issue had cropped up. And now, for some reason, any playback audio in Premiere is just this high-pitched, trilling/chirping sound. The original audio from the clips is missing. (The audio does work fine in the original raw video files) When exporting, the issue persists in the exported file.

I'm using Windows 7, and the clips are video game scenes captured with FRAPS and Bandicam in .avi format. I've already updated Premiere. Tried it both with existing clips that were already in the project and with new clips, same thing. I tried normalising the gain, and it just made the noise louder. (Dunno if it's worth noting, but in the clips from Bandicam, the trilling noise isn't as loud as in the clips from FRAPS, but it's still present, and the original audio is still missing)

EDIT: For further reference, I've uploaded a comparison to YouTube.

Original clip is here: Kadara Original - YouTube

Clip after being put through Premiere is here: Kadara Noise - YouTube

I've also checked the Audio Hardware preferences, which I noticed was a fix for a no audio issue, but that all seems normal.

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Reinstalling the software didn't solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update #2: Just tried in the trial version of Premiere Pro, same issue again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update #3: Just tried the trial version of Pro on a different computer (this one with Windows 10), same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines