Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets Not Applying to Image When Clicked

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI guys!

I just downloaded the new Lightroom Classic CC. I am trying to apply downloaded presets to my pictures, I have imported them as instructed from youtube videos but they wont apply to my photo. Even the presets that originally were in Lightroom when I first got it won't work. Black and white etc.. Nothing when I click on it. :(( Does anyone know why this is happening? Would appreciate help :)!!

When I run over through the mouse on the presets column I could see photos with presets on left top corner, But when I click on the Photo It won't apply to the photo.

Thank you kindly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you already posted this question, and the first answer was that you should not click on the photo, you should click on the preset name.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first question on the forum. And that answer is not correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So some more information from you may help.

What do you mean by "they wont apply"? Are you viewing your photos in another program?

Are you a subscriber to a Creative Cloud Photography plan? which plan?

What LR version number did you download?

Are you trying a trial?

What version did you have "when you first got it"?

Can you post a screen-clip of Lightroom in the Develop module that shows both the Basic and Presets panels open and visible?

(screen-clip, and add it to a post with the [Insert Image] icon above the test window.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2018-06-11 15.03.30.png

When I try clicking the presents on the left, they do not apply. This is adobe lightroom 7 CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ask again- Are you a subscriber to a Creative Cloud Photography plan?

If so, I suggest you update by installing Lr-Classic Version 7.3.1 from the CC Desktop App

Version 7.0 does not preview the preset in the main window when you hover the cursor over the preset name, but it should apply it to the photo when you click the preset.

Lightroom Classic v7 (and up to the latest 7.3.1) is only available by subscription.

If you do not subscribe then you will need to resume using the version you had before.

Please also post a screen-clip of the top 10 lines in the report from-  Lr MENU > HELP > SYSTEM INFO...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dee1991  wrote

Screenshot 2018-06-11 15.03.30.png

When I try clicking the presents on the left, they do not apply. This is adobe lightroom 7 CC.

I notice that you do have Dehaze in the Basic tab, but not the new Profiles. And that it says 'Lightroom 7' in the left corner. That is a clear sign of the following problem (you're not the first one):

You have 'upgraded' a perpetual license of Lightroom 6 to Lightroom Classic somehow. That upgrade should never have been possible, because you do not have a subscription but a perpetual license (for Lightroom 6). There is no perpetual license for Lightroom Classic and there is no Lightroom 7 CC. Due to a bug in the updaters it was somehow possible to install Lightroom Classic without having a subscription, and this now causes all kinds of problems (you’ve just been lucky that it didn’t happen earlier, when you first started with the upgraded version).

The only solution is to go back to Lightroom 6, the version you have a license to use. In order not to lose all the work you may have done since your first update, select all the images that were imported after you updated to Classic and choose 'Metadata - Save Metadata to Files'. Then open Lightroom 6 with your old Lightroom 6 catalog, and import these images. The edits and metadata should come over, except those edits that are new for Lightroom Classic (like Range Mask). You can find the correct installers and updaters here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dee1991  wrote

This is my first question on the forum. And that answer is not correct.

My apologies. The exact same question -with the exact same mistake "But when I click on the Photo It won't apply to the photo."- was posted around the same time by another person. That's why I thought that was you as well.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have the same issue as well. Had also gone online to watch several tutorials but to no avail for my case. The picture below is a screenshot when i am at the 'develop' tab. Even as i tried to use the given presets, no change can be seen either. Anyone has any ways to resolve this issue?

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 20.00.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen capture shows that you have the color sub set for the color presets. Click on the triangle to the left of the word color to open and the actual presets should be listed and allow you to select the one you wish to apply. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 10.58.37 AM copy.jpg

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines