3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2008 10:10 AM by KristjanKristjansson

Serious mistake by Adobe

KristjanKristjansson
      Few days ago I got a notice that my Flash Player had been upgraded. Since then Flash Player has not worked. Looking for solution I am supposed to go through a lot of trouble to correct this problem. I have also found others who are dealing with the same problem. It is a disgrace to Adobe to send out an update to its software without testing it thoroughly first. They should not expect their customers to waist their time to correct their mistake.
        • 1. Re: Serious mistake by Adobe
          rlc5611 Level 1
          You shouldn't send $200 million dollar robots into space with bad cable either but it happens.
          • 2. Re: Serious mistake by Adobe
            Level 7
            The tricky thing is, it doesn't happen to 100% of the flash player audience.
            Yes others have reported similar issues, but this might represent a very
            small percentage of users worldwide. Also, it may not even be a player issue
            given the myriad of user computers, hardware, software conflicts, platforms,
            browser versions, toolbars, oh my.
            Can you provide more detailed info? When you say it "doesn't work" - what
            does that mean? When you visit a web psge with flash content what does [or
            does not] happen?

--
            Adobe Certified Expert
            www.keyframer.com
            www.mudbubble.com
            -----------------------------------
            (if you want to email me, don't look)
            -

"KristjanKristjansson" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:frfn9g$rl6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Few days ago I got a notice that my Flash Player had been upgraded. Since
            > then
            > Flash Player has not worked. Looking for solution I am supposed to go
            > through a
            > lot of trouble to correct this problem. I have also found others who are
            > dealing with the same problem. It is a disgrace to Adobe to send out an
            > update
            > to its software without testing it thoroughly first. They should not
            > expect
            > their customers to waist their time to correct their mistake.
            >

• 3. Re: Serious mistake by Adobe
              KristjanKristjansson Level 1
              Hi Chris.
              When I opened a web page with Flash I just got the logo for Flash to show where I could download it. I found the following solution at Microsoft Forum: "I was having the same issue and I finally discovered that going to the following directory C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\ and running the following two executables it reset the flash 9 player and fixes it to run in IE7."

I think the problem is biger than you think because I seen discution about it on many different websites and blogs. Can you inform me how to prevent automatic downloads of updates for Flash?

Best regards,

Kristjan