• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH5.1: Empty Folders in Conditional Text Output

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2008 Mar 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, be forewarned that I'm using RH 5.1, and this is not likely to change any time soon.

I use conditional text for client-specific help systems, so I want no mention in one client's help system of another client's help system, even folders.

The TOC turns out fine--if a folder is empty, it is not generated into the help system. The problem is that the empty folders (with other clients' names on them) are still in the folders on each user's disk. My job is to remember to delete the empty folders from the output after I generate the system and before I promote the help system into the client's software build.

Is there any way to make this automatic? I really don't want to have to remember to do this for the rest of my life.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2008 Mar 16, 2008
I'm afraid there isn't Carol. I guess renaming the folders so they don't have the client names is not an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2008 Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid there isn't Carol. I guess renaming the folders so they don't have the client names is not an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2008 Mar 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No, I'm afraid renaming is not an option. Thanks for the quick response, though, Colum; at least I know I've been doing everything possible. I've been on vacation, which is why I haven't thanked you earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp