• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Corrections - Where have Pentax Lenses gone in April update?

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The April update seems to have greatly reduced the list of lens makes. My concern is that Pentax has been omitted from the list. Why and can they please be added back otherwise Lightroom's usefulness for me and other Pentax users is also reduced.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

There are currently just over 70 Pentax lens supported by Lightroom. Therefore not sure why you believe the number is greatly reduced. Might it be that the images you're trying to apply the profiles to are JPEG rather than raw? If they are JPEG then that might explain why there appears to have been a reduction in the number of supported lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are currently just over 70 Pentax lens supported by Lightroom. Therefore not sure why you believe the number is greatly reduced. Might it be that the images you're trying to apply the profiles to are JPEG rather than raw? If they are JPEG then that might explain why there appears to have been a reduction in the number of supported lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes, there were lots of Pentax lenses supported by Lightroom  but not in the April 2018 update for Lightroom Classic CC.

On Saturday, 9 June 2018, 07:50:08 BST, Ian Lyons <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by Ian Lyons in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens profiles provided by Adobe are predominantly only compatible with raw files. If the image(s) you're working on are not raw then none of the 'raw only' lens profiles will appear in the lens profile drop down list.

As I indicated in my previous message, there are currently 70 plus Pentax lens supported. I'm pretty confident that this is more than at any time in  the past. So, you seeing fewer than expected would suggest that you're working with non raw files or you've inadvertantly deleted the profiles. I suspect the former!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,Thank you for your reply. I was editing an HDR image created in LR. After reading your reply I had a look at one of the original images used for the HDR and could then access all the Pentax lenses. Sorry. Mea culpa.

On Saturday, 9 June 2018, 08:17:09 BST, Ian Lyons <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

created by Ian Lyons in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

The lens profiles provided by Adobe are predominantly only compatible with raw files. If the image(s) you're working on are not raw then none of the 'raw only' lens profiles will appear in the lens profile drop down list.

As I indicated in my previous message, there are currently 70 plus Pentax lens supported. I'm pretty confident that this is more than at any time in  the past. So, you seeing fewer than expected would suggest that you're working with non raw files or you've inadvertantly deleted the profiles. I suspect the former!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

only Raw files can have the lens profile corrected, can you make this feature ok with tiff also
thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Forget my question. I've realised that I was editing an HDR image created in LR. When I went back to one of the images used to create the HDR I found that I could access all the Pentax lenses. I'd not realised that the Enable Corrections applies only to RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines