• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to shrink UI scaling of Photoshop CC 2018?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've just recently updated my Photoshop CC 2018 to its latest version, 19.1.4. How can I revert the UI scaling back to 100%? I have a 1080p resolution set at 125% DPI settings at OS level. I like the UI scaling of Photoshop before the update where everything is small, I have a big workspace to work with since the UI is 100%.

The UI scaling options in Preferences seems to be not working even though I set it to 100%.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

RedRailgun  wrote

I need to scale up my Windows DPI settings to 125% but I don't want Photoshop to be included.

Then you need to use an old version of Photoshop where Adobe UI scaling had issues and did not work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop UI scaling had many issues before the Windows 10 creators edition and Photoshop CC 2018 version 19.1. Adobe UI scaling had a Photoshop UI Scaling Preferences that could be set to Auto, 100% or 200%.

With the Windows 10 Update and Photoshop cc 2018 19.1 update Photoshop UI scaling is automatic and Windows 10 scaling setting is used.  So set your Windows Display scaling  for your  1080p display to 100%. Use its native resolution.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I just want the Photoshop to be scaled at 100% and not 125% as same as my Windows DPI setting.

I have a 1080p resolution in an 14-inch screen, therefore, I need to scale up my Windows DPI settings to 125% but I don't want Photoshop to be included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RedRailgun  wrote

I need to scale up my Windows DPI settings to 125% but I don't want Photoshop to be included.

Then you need to use an old version of Photoshop where Adobe UI scaling had issues and did not work correctly.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines