Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Passing arguments to Photoshop extension

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently working on a Photoshop panel extension. I would like to transmit some data to my extension when launching Photoshop. Currently, I'm storing those data in a file, then reading the data file inside my extension. I would rather pass those data as arguments in a command line used to launch Photoshop, and then catch those arguments from within the extension.

Is there a way to do this? If not, do you think this will be possible in a future release?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my CSTK extension I read the  command line used for launching the apps. You can look at the code there (For Mac and Windows) and see if you can pick up custom arguments. I can't see why you shouldn't.

GitHub - Trevor-/CSTK: Adobe HTML extension Console for js, jsx and shell and extensions development...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Trevor, I'm gonna have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines