1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 9:10 AM by erikd46202015

Corrupt photo's after syncing from Mobile on iPad to Classic

erikd46202015

Hi,

I imported raw files with my SD dongle on iPad with Lightroom Mobile. Syncing with cloud seems fine: I can see the photo's on in Lightroom mobile on my iPhone.

When the foto's are synced with Lightroom classic on my desktop some photo's are fine, but most of them have the following error:

Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo.

After that also the photo's on the ipad and iphone are corrupted. Not an error, but a one color picture.

On Lightroom CC I also see a one color picture, however when I click on edit, I see the whole photo. After some adjustments, save and close, the picture is ok in the collection in Lightroom CC. On the desktop and lightroom mobile however the photo is still blanc

Please help

• 1. Re: Corrupt photo's after syncing from Mobile on iPad to Classic
          erikd46202015 Level 1

Problem solved.

I recently changed from the perpetual licensed Lightroom to Lightroom cc. But I was still using the perpetual installation. I did logof and login again with my CC account, but apparanty that wasn't enough.

I also bought a new camera (Panasonic GX9) which was not supported in the perpetual version.

After installation of Lightroom Classic CC and deinstallation of the old Lightroom version the photos were recognized again.

I had to trigger the update to lightroom cc and mobile by converting to DNG, but new RW2 files are working fine.