• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Importing Photos into Wrong Folders

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read all the other threads with similar titles/issues and nothing has helped. Someone please help me!

I am importing into Lightroom 6 from folder of photos on my desktop.

Originally the photos are downloaded from Google Photos by year, and then put into new folder on my desktop labeled by the year.

For example, I downloaded all my photos from 2014 from Google Photos to my desktop. I renamed the folder "2014" and placed it inside my Pictures folder on my Desktop.

Now I am trying to import into Lightroom 6.

Finding the Source is no problem.

Destination options:

- Organize by Date

- Date Format: 2018/2018-06-11

The files are clearly marked by date from Google photos, for example: 20140214_172205.jpg

Lightroom gives me a preview of where it will place the photos in my destination folder (an external harddrive called F:)

screenshot 1.jpg

Lightroom wants to add all my video files into a random folder named "1948". No clue where it's getting this number!

It wants to add all the photos into a new folder with today's date: "2018-06-11".

screenshot 2.jpg

Whyyyy?????

I have never had this problem with Lightroom until I got a new computer and had to move everything to my new External Harddrive. Now it is just a bit crazy.

Can someone please help me?

I know basic Lightroom stuff (importing, editing, exporting), but am not a computer whizz, so basic language appreciated.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SwissMaedel  wrote

The files are clearly marked by date from Google photos, for example: 20140214_172205.jpg

It really doesn't matter what the file name is, it matters what capture date is in the metadata in the file. Do you know what that is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Google Photos, you can click "info" for each photo and it gives you the date for it. It looks to be the capture date. I suspect that somewhere during the download from Google Photos, the capture date is changed to the modified date. I'm not sure how to stop that from happening but I'm trying to figure it out by downloading my Google Photos using other methods, such as Google Drive and ExitTool. I'll let you know if I have any success! Any other suggestions would be greatly welcomed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines