13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2018 12:03 AM by Peter Grainge

I have the output files (images, .html pages), but no .xpj file. How do I restore it?

samc40286468

Hi community, I'm relatively new to using Adobe RoboHelp, so any help would be really appreciated.

I'm a technical writer, and we use Adobe RoboHelp 2017 for one of our desktop applications. The technical writer who used to work at the company has left, so it's my job to update the help file. However, it doesn't appear the technical writer has left any of the .XPJ files which I need to open the project, so I'm not sure what to do.

I am able to extract all of the help files, such as the images, .html files, index etc... by installing the desktop application. I can even open one of the .HTML files and it opens the entire help file. However, I need to update this help file with new material from the new release, so I need a way to do this.

It appears I have all the ingredients which were needed to build the file, but I don't have the file itself. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on what I can do? I thought I could build it again from scratch since all the files are available, but I was wondering if there's an easier way to do this.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!