• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images oscillating on roll over interactive

Advocate ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just learning InDesign. I set up a document with images that switch on roll-on—a hidden one replaces the visible one when you mouse over it—on roll-off it reverts.

The first one I set up the two images rapidly oscillate when I mouse over it.  If I remove my hand from the mouse it stops. But any other behavior and it changes back and forth from one image to the other at a pretty high frequency, many times a second.  I saw this in preview, and it still does in once I published it online.

Is is this a known bug and is there a fix?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Let me make sure I understand.

You are setting the Event to "On Rollover" and the Action to "Show/Hide Button." Is this correct?

If you simply want an image to appear on rollover (and then switch back on roll off), the easiest way is to change the Appearance of the button. Copy the image you want to display on rollover into your clipboard. Go to the button and click on Rollover under Appearance. The button is selected. Double-click so there is a single frame around the button (vs. the dashed butt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me make sure I understand.

You are setting the Event to "On Rollover" and the Action to "Show/Hide Button." Is this correct?

If you simply want an image to appear on rollover (and then switch back on roll off), the easiest way is to change the Appearance of the button. Copy the image you want to display on rollover into your clipboard. Go to the button and click on Rollover under Appearance. The button is selected. Double-click so there is a single frame around the button (vs. the dashed button frame). Next, choose Edit > Paste into.

This is an example which was done this way: https://indd.adobe.com/view/ce7a3432-1a45-4e2b-af55-5f7dad11088c

Let me know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

I am fairly confident I am doing it correctly (you taught me how to!), I have four sets of multi-state images in the document, only one set is oscillating- flickering, It will not go from one image to the other smoothly, and as I move the mouse it rapidly switches on and off. The only behavior I am mandating is visibility at Roll-On and Roll-Off.   I'm an engineer who spent a long time in product development and it looks like a bug to me.

I will try slightly different image sizes, different images, maybe export them from LR in other formats, they are tiffs now... or I might wait for a minus tide, or sacrifice a chicken (KFC of course). I just assumed I can't be the first person to see this.

It is a pre-publication op-ed so I can't post it, but it is showing the same behavior it did in Preview, now in Publish Online.

thanks again!  I have watched and enjoyed and learned a lot from your material on Lynda.com, including the course on Publish Online, which is very helpful, great stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, and glad the Lynda.com courses were helpful.

I have never found "Reverse on Roll Off" in the Animation panel to work correctly. Is this what you have set up?

Are the other states set up the exact same way? If so, the question is why is only the one state mis-behaving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case I’m just switching out two images using Roll On and  Roll Of. I’m doing the exact same thing elsewhere in the document, with no problems.

I will play with it today and see what it takes to fix it. 

I would be be very surprised if Adobe has not seen this in testing.  A kingdom for the bug list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly are you setting "Roll On" and "Roll Off"? Which panel? Sorry, but I'm still not clear exactly about your settings and I'd like to understand.

Assuming this is a bug, you can check here to see if the bug has been reported, if so, please vote for it, if not, please add it.

Adobe InDesign: Bugs: ePub/HTML/Publish Online (41 ideas) – Adobe InDesign Feedback

Thanks,

--db

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m doing it the way you described in the tutorial; from the Button and Forms pull down- Event, Action, On Roll Over, On Roll Off.

I don’t think it’s my mouse, as other images in the doc do not do it. If you have an email I can send you the Publish On Line link.

My philosophy on reporting bugs, having done hard time as a product manager, is if the developers at Adobe are not reading the forums at least a couple of times a week is there is no hope.  I’m old enough to remember flying engineers to meetings to get them in front of customers.  No silver platter from me ;-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying further. I'll DM my email address.

As for reporting the bug, the link I provided is to User Voice. This is a tool which Adobe is employing for all software and the engineers are very much using it. The roadmap for future releases is largely derived from input here. And just so everyone knows, while Adobe may not respond on the forums quite as much as we'd like, they are very attentive to the User Voice data. Your vote counts! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines