• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are we (users) becoming beta-tester?

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last InDesign upgrade (13.1) it's full of bug, and I'm spending a lot of time looking for "creative solution" to some of the problem or writing bug reports. (And english it's not my native language).

I'm feeling like a beta tester, not a paying user, and this hurt because I've always trusted Adobe and its skills to create great softwares.

I would like to know If there's anyone else in this community who feel the same way and what they would think about a "beta-tester plan", where the user pay less for CC but it has to report at least once in a week bug etc.

I think I would subscribe to it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very good suggestion – as I would then prefer to subscribe to the other end. (If that indeed would mean that it'd run without any problems.)

I have a regular full time job and I need my software to work reliably. Hunting down bugs is best left to beta testers, instead of frustrating regular daily users with badly working rushed updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's obvious that I would like to use a bug-free version . My post, more than a suggestion, wanted to be a provocation and I also wanted to understand if there are other users who, like me, are bothered by the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be interesting if you could list/describe your six most irritating bugs so we can check them out and see the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure!

The most irritating one is the one on x-ref panel: you can't anymore edit an existing reference, you have to create a new one everytime.

Also, the panel loading became really slow, you can't anymore reverse the references order by state or page.

The start page: doesn't work. You can try to order documents by "last opening", but everytime you try to reverse the order, the list of document change: in fact, in the list view there's not the date/hour of last opening.

Bookmark panel (this one is from this morning): sometimes titles are cut, sometimes there's only the number of the title.

Also: BUG Keypress doesn´t respond – Adobe InDesign Feedback (and this is not a minor problem).

What I want to say is that I usually do not wait for my client to find the problem, I usually check what I have produced (several times if needed), then I deliver it and finally send the invoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ziowolvie  wrote

… Also: BUG Keypress doesn´t respond – Adobe InDesign Feedback (and this is not a minor problem).

Hi ziowolvie​,

just out of curiosity: Why did you list this one? If you follow the link you can download a fix you have to install yourself. It is not delivered through a CC Desktop app update of InDesign: First character is skipped while typing on Windows

Best,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I want to say is that I usually do not wait for my client to find the problem, I usually check what I have produced (several times if needed), then I deliver it and finally send the invoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines