Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to import files with automatic scale to frame

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a trouble... We work together on two windows computers. We work with the same template.

When i import rasters or PDF, i set the frame and the scale of the file is auto adjusted : i can see the all file content in my frame.

When my friend do the same, the file is set to 100% scale : He have to set the "ajust proportionnaly the content" in order to get the same result as mine.

With our workshop, We like the automatic "set to frame" when we import instead of adjusting manually every raster.

We tries with same INDD file, same PDFs ou JPEGs, we always have the same result.. Fine fo me, manualy scale for him.

Where can be the setting that we should match ?

Thanks a lot !

(my setup : Windows 10 + ID 6.1 - His setup : win 7 + ID 6.01)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Try this:

With both computers running ID, make sure no documents are open and then go to the frame fitting options from the object menu:

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.05.03.png

From here, have a look at the dialog box on each machine. What appears?

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.05.16.png

In this instance, I've changed my default so that it says Fit Content Proportionally, though I would not normally do this in my defaults. Are both machines saying the same thing?

In the object styles, are the settings for the [Basic Graphics Frame] both the same for the frame fitting options on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not clear from your post so forgive me for asking. Are you defining the frame fitting options on the frames in which you are placing the graphics? If so, you’re saying that when you place them, they work fine but when your colleague places them, they come in at 100%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

With both computers running ID, make sure no documents are open and then go to the frame fitting options from the object menu:

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.05.03.png

From here, have a look at the dialog box on each machine. What appears?

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.05.16.png

In this instance, I've changed my default so that it says Fit Content Proportionally, though I would not normally do this in my defaults. Are both machines saying the same thing?

In the object styles, are the settings for the [Basic Graphics Frame] both the same for the frame fitting options on both machines?

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 18.08.37.png

Those are first places I would start. Let us know how you go.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines