Where is your media located? Local drive? External?
Where is your render cache located?
Sorry for this. I have a few questions.
- Is this a new project or one you updated to 12.1.1?
- If this is one you updated, can you create a new project and import that legacy project into it?
- What happens after doing so?
- If this is one you updated, try a new project with the same footage.
- Does the same thing happen?
- As a test, what happens if you export a FCP XML of the 12.1.1 project and open it in 12.0.x (reinstall it if necessary)?
- Is it possible to update to macOS 10.12? Then try a new project?
- 10.11 can create a lot of unexpected behavior with newer versions.
Hope we can help.
Hi, no problem.
1. This is a new project that I created with 12.1.1
3. Yes, the same thing happens with a new project and same footage.
4. I receive an error message when attempting to export a FCP XML of the 12.1.1 project. It looks like this:
5. I've just updated to macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 in hopes that it would help, but no dice.
1. My media is located locally.
2. How would I find the location of my render cache?
That's not an error message, it's just a notice.
All right, mate, I'm a bit of an amateur, so that's a technicality to me. Any advice?
You wouldn't like it.
This is a help forum, not a chatroom, thank you.
So, thanks to an online chat and some friends in IT, I managed to get ahold of an older version of Sierra, and install it on my iMac after resetting the entire system. I reinstalled Premiere Pro and everything seems to be in working order.