• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All files/iamges have disappeared from LR

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue with Virgin Media, so in order to clear my iMac to enable it to reconnect with the internet I turned it off at the wall. Today I went into LR and its like LR has reset itself. All I have is my presets. All my images have gone. This is import, as these are people's wedding photo's.

Can anyone help to restore it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, your images are not "in" Lightroom. They are in folders on your computer. They are managed by Lightroom which utilizes a catalog, and the catalog is simply a database which keeps track of where the images are located as well as all the work you have performed on those images. If you go to the Library module, in the left-hand column, are you able to see the folders containing the images? If not, it's possible that you have opened or created a new catalog. If that is the case, if you are on a Mac go to Lightroom->Open Recent (on a PC it would be File->Open Recent) and see if there are other catalogs listed. If so, then choose one of the other catalogs and see if that catalog contains the images you are seeking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to go to a back up folder and then reload my last 3 wedding's from the memory card's. It's a pain, as culled 2 of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you read Jim Hess's reply to you?  The symptoms you describe sound exactly like you are not the the correct catalog. If you find the correct catalog, all the images and edits should be there. That would have saved you all the trouble of re-importing the images files.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines