Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator placement Integration corrupt

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

So I am surprised I have not found answers to this problem since it came out of nowhere! I am hoping I overlooked an answer and this will be resolved.

I use Indesign and Illustrator daily (hourly). When I present my Illustrator work -often on may artboards- I select the artboard I want to place and do that for all my artboards. This saves me time and is great because when I updates my artboards my file auto updates from my Illustrator file. I am sure many of you do this as well.

The other day while working on a large presentation I went to Place an AI document with many artboards but to my surprise the file only showed 1 option. It was also unreadable (it had gibberish on it). To remedy this I simply saved the file as a PDF. However, I really would like this function back since it saves me some time.

I tried placing old files that I knew worked in the past and they worked fine. New files do not.

Anyone?

Thanks,

-Ivan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Hey Bob-

Yes, I was. This is why I thought it was so odd.

However, after my Windows updates yesterday everything is back to normal! Tried to reproduce the problem with the problem files. Can't. Thanks for all your help.

The Illustrator and Indesign were the latest CC versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan,

can you post some screenshots of the issue?

What's the exact version of InDesign, Illustrator and operating system?

Best,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Bob-

Yes, I was. This is why I thought it was so odd.

However, after my Windows updates yesterday everything is back to normal! Tried to reproduce the problem with the problem files. Can't. Thanks for all your help.

The Illustrator and Indesign were the latest CC versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving the Illustrator files with PDF compatibility? If not, you will not be able to place them.

InDesign only reads the PDF portion of the AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines