0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2008 10:26 AM by Nickname_375

New Playback Error

Nickname_375
      I have recently been having trouble with a shockwave movie that I have posted on the web. I have been encountering an error message that reads:
      “This Shockwave movie has errors that have caused playback problems. Please contact the author of this content regarding this problem. Shockwave is unable to continue”.
      The problem is that I have had this movie posted for several years now and I have never had this issue with it before, the file has not been modified in any way. Furthermore the error seems to come and go periodically. The error message will appear whenever you attempt to access the Shockwave movie for several hours but if you wait and revisit the site the error will disappear and the Shockwave movie will load without any issues. I have tried recompiling the original .drc file in Director however I cannot find any obvious errors in the code. I have encountered this issue on a windows Vista machine using both Firefox 2.0 and IE 7. I noticed that there has recently been an update to Shockwave player and I am wondering if this has anything to do with my problem. Has anyone else been encountering issues similar to this? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The Shockwave file is posted at:
      http://www.psych.ualberta.ca/~ITL/InformationLiteracy/WebPages/WritingAPA.htm