• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App Locks Up On Android

Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I gave my app to a friend to test on their inexpensive Galaxy Tab E, a $200 tablet.  What I have found is that when you minimize my app and come back to it later, it is often locked up and does not respond.

On my iPad and more expensive Galaxy Tab S, if you minimize the app and browse the internet, and then pull the app back up later, it either resumes smoothly from where it left off, or it re-initializes the app and starts over from the beginning, but it NEVER locks up.

Is there something I should look for, or a way that I can keep my app from locking up on inexpensive tablets??? Has anyone else run into this issue??

Thanks for any insights!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bueller? Bueller? LOL

Nobody else has had a mobile project lock up before? I have no idea if this matters, but it was a development build that i just quickly pushed onto my friends inexpensive Android device from Flash Builder. It did not contain the captive runtime, so AIR had to be installed on his tablet to run. I don't know if a compiled APK containing the captive runtime will behave any differently. I have the APK sitting in Google Play, ready to be released, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger because because I don't want to put out an app that is locking up when you reopen it after minimiIng it.  Again, it has never locked up on the iPad or a Galaxy Tab S, but it does frequently on his cheaper tablet, but only if you minimize the app, do some other things, and then reopen the app.

Any thoughts at all would be HIGHLY welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting.  Just wanted to report what I found.  On the inexpensive Adroid tablet, my app would lock up if I minimized my app and came back to it.  This happened when I was installing a development version using Flash Builder, which would also install AIR as a separate app alongside my app.

When I made a final release build APK file and installed it with the captive runtime compiled into the APK, no more locking up occurred.  So I don't think it was a function of my coding, but actually how the app was packaged and installed.  Hope this helps somebody else if they read this in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines