• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Issue

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I relative new to InDesign. I only use it to print labels, that were created by a designer. I print six labels per page. Up until a month ago, everything printed completely clear. Now I'm get this weird ghosting, double image, or fading (not how to describe it) on my logo portion of the label. It happens on all six labels, but is much more apparent on the bottom three.

I've tired exporting the file to PDF and it still happens.

I don't think it's a hp200 LaserJet issue, because it prints everything else just fine. Any suggestions? I assume it's a setting in the printer window. I use a Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screen shot showing the problem? Also which Mac OS are you using and what version of InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 9.20.08 AM.png

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is happening both when printing from InDesign as well as from a PDF then it seems to me to be an issue with the printer. The other jobs which you said printed correctly, did they have concentrations of black like these labels do—or were they just type? That could make a difference. The only time I've seen an issue like this was when the fuser of the printer was not working correctly. If you can, try printing to another printer to see if you get the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A software problem wouldn't print some instances of the graphic differently from others. This plainly presents as a mechanical (printer) issue.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think that your printer has a problem with labels. Does it happen with normal paper too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it happens with normal paper even different grades of paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate the ongoing suggestions. I guess it could be a printer issue, but I'm not sure why the printer seems to print other documents completely fine. Attached is an InDesign file I just printed of my smaller labels with no distortion.

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 3.03.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded both of your screen shots. The second one has much less coverage needed of the black than the first but when I blew up the image in Photoshop I noticed that the black in the bottom logos is not as even as the top logos. So it still looks like a printer issue. I would once again suggest that you try this on another printer to either confirm this theory or debunk it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines