1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 17, 2008 5:29 AM by SujitG

Mssql, Flex 2  and coldfusion mx7

cliffy2009 Level 1
      Hi guys,
      I am new to Flex 2 and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me or help me with this problem. I want to be able to double click on a data in a datagrid and it will popup more imformation from the database. Can someone help me out.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Mssql, Flex 2  and coldfusion mx7
          SujitG Level 2
          Try this
          I am assuming that u want to popup a panel displaying the data of an Person.
          set doubleClickEnabled property of the advanced datagrid to true and call a function which will load the data from DB and display it from the doubleClick event.
          In the click event handler, get the selected Person ID using the selectedItem property of the DataGrid. Connect to the DB and get the Person details by sending the Person ID. Once the results are returned from the DB, set the Labels or any component values depending on the returned values in the Panel. Once the setting is done use the PopUpManager to display the Panel.
          While this process is going on u can try displaying a ProgressBar or set the showBusyCursor of the HTTPService to true.

Hope this helps.