• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand tool vs select tool

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make the 'Hand tool' the default tool when opening Acrobat. Currently, every time I open a document the select tool (I-beam) is selected by default and I have to change it to the hand tool for navigating the document. I use this 99% of the time when I open a document and it would be nice to have it as the default.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

Try this:

1. Go to Preferences > General and then check the Make Hand Tool Select Text & Images option
  2. In any open PDF, select the Hand Tool then quit Acrobat

When you relaunch, the Hand Tool should now be the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your suggestions and that didn't work. Documents still open with the select tool as default. I've attached a short video to show the steps.

Video clip - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry I didn't realise you were running an older version. I'll see what I can find for earlier versions and come back if I find a solution.

In the meantime, could I propose a workaround? Go back to the General preferences and check the option to Use single-key accelerators to access tools then all you need to do is press H on your keyboard to pick up the Hand Tool.

I know it's not the solution you're after, but it is at least faster than using the mouse—and hopefully a bit less frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is better. I did some exploring and found there are a number of useful single-key accelerators I was unaware of that I will use. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines