1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2018 6:59 AM by Adorobat

Suggested "Save As" locations

kmalaw53 Level 1

Sorry to be tedious, I know this is a shopworn subject:

https://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+acrobat+suggested+folder+save+as&oq=ado&aqs=chrome.1 .0j35i39j69i57j69i60l2j0.11869…

but why doesn't Acrobat, like virtually all other major applications, suggest a relevant "save as"  location?  I open up the (hypothetical) document "c:\chicago\A1.pdf," edit it and want to save it as an updated version in the same folder but the Save As suggests the location "c:\timbuktu\" and "A2.pdf" ends up in timbuktu if I am not paying close attention; usually because yesterday I saved some completely unrelated document at that location.  Any MS office or other major-brand app is capable of understanding that I probably want the same location that the original document came from.  Even Acrobat, if I correctly remember v7 and earlier, would to that.  Does anybody employed by Adobe monitor or respond to these comments?

• 1. Re: Suggested "Save As" locations
          Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi kmalaw53,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to save a pdf in Acrobat, is that correct?

You may try enabling show online storage option when saving pdf under Edit > preferences > general which will show you the "recent folders used" where you can save files.

You may also visit the following link to share your feedback to the team:  Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

2 people found this helpful