• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to find and replace all entries of the same text string in a multipage document with one click. How do I do it?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to find and replace all entries of the same text string in a multipage PDF document with one click. How do I do it? I can make the software find multiple entries of the text string but there seems to be no way to change those entries other than one at a time. Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that response, which, regrettably is correct. How can I express to Adobe Acrobat developers that as I see it this is a weakness in the program?

If all instances of a text string can be found how hard hard can it be to add functionality to change them all?

In part of my work a PDF has the name of the assigned user on almost every page. I want to be able to change that name within the PDF, otherwise I have to go back to the original in Word, make the change then re-PDF it. A terrible waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, that's the correct way of doing it. PDF files were not meant to

be edited in such an extensive way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad, but I accept that I am beaten and take heart from your comment that I am using the correct approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it takes a long time to re-edit the original and re-make the PDF something is wrong. This should take moments, perhaps we can help you fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are actually six multipage files involved for each new person involved. There are reasons for that and no they can't be combined into one even though they are all Word originals. It only takes a millisecond to search and replace in the original Word and then it takes a few seconds to create the new PDF and then a few more to add password security, all along the way checking that I haven't messed up. In total I can do all six files, check and package ready for 'delivery' in 15 minutes or so. It's just that it would take half as long if I could search and replace in PDF. Which I can't, but thanks for the offer to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines