• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple microphones recording at the same time in Audition

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Plantronics headset with built in microphone to record audio files.  Can I plug another similar headset into my computer so that TWO people can record an interview?  I'd appreciate it if answers could be sent to:  sturgel@cox.net.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Not necessarily an audio mixer but at least an audio interface that will handle more than one normal wired microphone at a time. There are many USB interfaces with at least two built in mic preamps and headphone outputs which can easily be plugged into a PC at a wide range of prices. There are also fairly simple mixers that will do the same with built in USB connectivity.

B&H Photo Video

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said whether this is corded or USB, but whichever it is, this will be difficult unless you have a sound device that will handle two of them; I'm not aware of any. Generally this would be a pretty bad way to record an interview anyway! We don't send answers anywhere, I'm afraid - forum replies only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  The headset is USB.  I guess I would need some kind of audio mixer.  I'll continues to research this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not necessarily an audio mixer but at least an audio interface that will handle more than one normal wired microphone at a time. There are many USB interfaces with at least two built in mic preamps and headphone outputs which can easily be plugged into a PC at a wide range of prices. There are also fairly simple mixers that will do the same with built in USB connectivity.

B&H Photo Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stuartt39586239  wrote

The headset is USB. 

That's the one you're going to have trouble with, especially as it's a headset. To do this properly you'd need wired mics and a mixer, and there are plenty of solutions to that. USB mics are essentially single devices that plug into a single USB socket, and have no means of syncing to another one's clock - hence the problem. There's a very crude solution using ASIO4ALL and re-sampling one device, but trying to make that work with monitoring - I rate the chances of that working being close to zero, and even if you could hear anything, you couldn't control it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines