2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2008 2:46 PM by ShaZipinaFlash

Flash6.ocx Error Message From Norton's

DugsterVD
      I have recently encountered an error message when running a scan with Norton's One Step Check Up and also the Norton’s Win Doctor. The message reads as follows… "Invalid ActiveX/COM Entry…The key CLSID\{1171A62F-05D2-11D1-83FC-00A0C9089C5A}\InprocServer32 refers to a missing file C:\\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash6.ocx"

A check of that location "C:\\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash" found no Flash6.ocx file but rather a Flash9e.ocx file. I was able though to locate many Flash6.ocx files in Windows with the help of Secunia Software Inspector which per that program’s recommendation were deleted. I then did a search of the registry which located Flash6.ocx in several places but not knowing what to safely delete from the registry I left it alone for now. Any help would also be appreciated.
        • 1. Flash6.ocx Error Message From Norton's
          DugsterVD Level 1
          Just an update. After a lot of searching and reading and I was able to correct the issue myself. I sorted down through the registry to the following HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT key: CLSID\{1171A62F-05D2-11D1-83FC-00A0C9089C5A}\InprocServer32.

Once there I highlighted and right-clicked "InprocServer32", left clicked on "Permissions", then highlighted my username as I am an “Administrator”, and then “Allowed” both “Full Control” and “Read” “Permissions for Administrators.” With that done I closed the registry and restarted my computer and ran both Norton’s One Button Checkup and WinDoctor. The “Invalid ActiveX/COM Entries” message is now fixed. Good luck!
          • 2. Re: Flash6.ocx Error Message From Norton's
            ShaZipinaFlash
            THANK YOU for finding the solution to your own problem and for then posting it online for all, especially me, to find via Google and see! I had the same issue, but upon reading your post and applying the same changes, I too have resolved the problem found by, but couldn't be automatically fixed by, Norton SystemWorks.

Again, many thanks.

PJS