• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 Adjustment Brush

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently ended up with this problem and it's driving me insane. I use the adjustment brush often and it has been very targeted in the past. Whatever I brush over is what gets selected. Now, it is acting like the magic Lasso tool from photoshop. I can have a small selection of a wall and it will then adjust the whole wall. The brush will then often stop working completely. I can have the mask overlay on and see what it selected on its own but then I can select another area on another part of the photo and it will not do any adjustments at all. The Pin for the adjustment will also be in a corner and not over the area I brushed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first you can try is to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

If this doesn't help we need more informations.

Which operating system do you use (please post the exact version number)?

Do you have installed the latest version of Lightroom 5 (it's version 5.7.1)?

Has this worked in the past? If yes, what has been changed on your system before the error occur?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to figure it out and it's a bizarre glitch. Under lens corrections, profile, you have the ability to add distortion to the image. Now I often shoot with wide angles and I use this to flatten out the image. Apparently, applying the distortion, either before or after using the brush, distorts the brush as well. So if the image has not been distorted, I can use my brush and it will apply the affect where I need it. If I then add distortion to the image, the brush adjustment will then affect more of the image as the distortion goes up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines